PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ten to be indicted over TAM crash
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2008, 10:06
aguadalte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATS vs A-Throttle

TO MEMO,
Have you read all my contributions to this thread? I don't believe so, otherwise you wouldn't be paternalizing me with that story of being reluctant to accept change...that's the formal Airbus Industrie answer I've being hearing for almost two decades...
I fly Airbuses for more than 18 years. I (generally), like them. What I'm standing for is for moving throttles and side-stick feed-back! I know I'll never "win" this war. But do we have to accept it, just because "Change Happensnzzz"?

My company is operating the Busses since the first day. As I didnīt like that design, I kept on flying the old fashioned designs. But I talked to hundreds of colleagues and friends during that 18 years, who were flying the bus. Guess what answer you get, if you ask them about the non-moving-throttle design (...and the non-feed-back sidestick design) ??
In 99,9 % they will tell you: You get used to it !! You can be satisfied now, but you donīt have to. Just ask the second question: Was it a good decision to design it like that, or would you prefer a moving-throttle and feed-backing sidestick ?
You can surely easily guess the answer.
And why didnīt Airbus react ? Obviously we have to face the fact, that our oppinion
is the most irrelevant in the business.
I remember the words of one of the first EADS Chairmans: the most expensive passenger seats are the two in the cockpit.
Baron737,
Unfortunately my company is for a very long time an All Airbus Company, otherwise I would have done like you...
I do agree with your post, and, do you know why that EADS guy said that? Because most of us, are mere spectators in the cockpit! Accustomed spectators...