PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX and Mumbai
Thread: CX and Mumbai
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2008, 23:42
mephisto88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vermin, your name appears most descriptive and probably is quite representative. I hope your comment is purely a wind up, but I suspect not.

If one were to look at the cosmopolitan mix of crew currently flying for cx, you would see it is a veritable United Nations.

I would hazard a guess therefore, that the previous unstated requirement for cx crew to hail from Aus/NZ/UK, or the occasional commonwealth or ex colony(USA!) mongrel, is no longer applied, and has not been so for quite a while now.

And yes, there are a few from the indian sub-continent, some may have lived elsewhere before going to HK, but the ones I have met have been fine gentlemen and good aviators, and unworthy of your subtle inuendos that they are worthy of being cannon fodder in the lands of their ancestry.

As for your comments about England being a white country, the last time I flew into Heathrow, I felt it was me who actually stood out as the odd man out, being somewhat paler than most of the people around me. That place certainly seems to have become a melting pot of many nations.

And as for the use of wog, I have heard it used here dunnunder as a term of endearment to a greek gentleman who was always so well organised, that he was known as a well organised greek, or wog for short. No offence meant or taken.

As an aside, perhaps the Indian shooting problem is spreading. As of 10am Sydney time, Ch9 news in Aus is now reporting shootings at Delhi airport. Collect your ear muffs, wipes and kevlar jacket at flight dispatch......

We might do well to remember the Columbo lessons, it might be exciting to watch a gunfight out of the hotel window, but the potential downside can be significant, just ask the last crew who experienced it - very interesting tales.

Keep your heads down boys and girls and stay safe.