PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO English minima !!!
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2008, 21:13
Romeo India Xray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cap.hany

I am an examiner for an ICAO compliant aviation English test. The exam board that I test for would probably not thank me for posting the exact link here, but if you google "aviation english test examples", you should get a link to their site somewhere near the top of the list (PM me if you need more guidance). It has some examples of their test structure.

The exact test and format varies depending on the country you take the test in, and who you are working for. I'm afriad I don't know who is doing it in Egypt.

ICAO Aviation English Courses and Testing for Pilots and Air Traffic Controllers

this is a link to the full rating scale.

The idea of operational level 4 is that you can communicate any idea that is required of you. It is not a problem if you don't know the precise word in every instance, or if you make gammatical errors. The point about level 4 is that you can let people know what you need to tell them, and you can understand them (even if that requires you to confirm what they have said e.g. "did you mean ... I should descend to flight level 220 or descend to flight level 200").

Remember that even native speakers (me included) do not get it right 100% of the time.

Any further questions send me a PM.

RIX