PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2008, 15:51
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I guess our Japanese Instructor was wrong then to tell us that it was proper to wear the pilot uniform (minus the epaulets) with dark pants and tie. We were told this day 1."

Make sure that you don't ask questions from your instructors in front of the group, and the translators in the training center are a good source of cultural information.

"I'll be sure to tell all of the 20+ year Aloha veterans that they are merely candidates, not pilots and need to earn the right to wear that white pilot shirt with no epaulets."

Experienced pilots understand that when you change from one job to another and from one A/C to another you start at the bottom, I'm sure that they are comfortable with their current status as any experienced pilot would be. Until you all pass your training your current status is that of a candidate

"I guess ANA made a mistake on our ID's by putting pilot and not candidate on them. Whats retarded is that you think anyone around here can tell the difference between a company issued shirt versus one from anywhere else."

That is a perfect example as to why presumptions turnout to be wrong when you don't understand the culture

I wish you and all other candidates good luck in training, we look forward to see you out on the line

Last edited by The Dominican; 4th Dec 2008 at 21:09.