PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers insulting cabin crew. What do you do? here is a case
Old 4th Dec 2008, 15:19
wings folded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think my remarks may be relevant.

Many years ago, was waiting to board a flight from an East Anglian airport to Amsterdam with onward connection to a destination in southwest France.

All of a sudden, aircraft doors close, engines start and off it goes, direction Stansted, empty.

I enquire why our plane has left without us.

Am told that there was a U/S aircraft at Stansted, and our plane was needed down the road to work that sector.

I state quietly and reasonably that this is a little bit irritating.

I get the response "you will get there sooner or later and at least you are going towards nice weather" (It was a bit chilly at home)

I reply, "I am going to the funeral of a very close relative"

Poor girl is covered in confusion, doesn't know how to retract out of the dilemma.

Because I travel quite a bit, and perhaps because I have made a bit of a t*t of myself every now and then, I elect not to give her a hard time.

When we finally board a replacement (and very late) flight, some PAX debate the delay with the same Ground Staff, having had ample hours and nothing much else to do in the meantime.

I invite them to proceed to board without further debate, since all they are doing is compounding the delay; in other words "shut the **** up and board, we are all delayed"

No words were said but the GS lady gave me a sort of "we are in this together" look, and quietly murmured "thanks" when she handed back my passport and Boarding Card.

Not happy memories all round, but just a reminder that people will respond often according to the circumstances. We are all human and therefore rather bizarre......

Last edited by wings folded; 4th Dec 2008 at 15:31.