PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flightline into administration
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2008, 15:16
BIGBAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish

I went thru this with Duo Airways in 2004 and can empathise with how the crew & staff feel.

It took several months to get the manditory redunancy pay from the government thru. In 2004 it was around about £270 per week, taxed of course ! I think it was probably a bit closer to 5 or 6 months for this.

We were also owed 3 months pay for lack of notice - i.e. because the company closed overnight and went into administration. This was paid by the administrators from what was left of the company funds. I think we got around about 3 pence in every pound owed , it ended up being several hundred pounds total payment . Even this small amount was only thanks to being in the position of preferential creditors as we were staff . However this wasn't paid until the administrators wound the company up - some 18 months after going into administration.

Bottom line is you don't get very much - either from the government or from whats left in the company and what you do get takes ages i.e. you can't depend on it.............

good luck to all the crews and staff