PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - painful experience in-flight
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2002, 16:42
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Just to put the record straight, I fly for Airtours, and whilst I can't comment on that particular flight/incident, I can say that whilst we don't carry KY jelly! (should have asked one of the stewards), we do carry over £3000 worth of other medical eqiupment/drugs in the doctors kit, in fact it is the same kit used by just about every other airline including BA. It has drips, hyperdermics, sedatives, adrenalin and god knows what else, plus there is a defib on board. So would the learned doctor please remember that they are not in a general hospital operating theatre, but 6 miles above the Atlantic.

Also the indemnity form that was signed, was to indemnify the doctor, not the company!!!!!!! Airtours also use Medilink in Arizona via a phone patch and having used it recently, I would say it is absolutly brilliant, they make the medical descisions whether or not a Doc is on board, and they provide the indemnity even if they talk a crew member through giving an injection!

A standard form is filled in with the doctors details etc so it can be varified if they are actually a medical professional or not.

I hope that clears up that one!