PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on NAC, South Africa
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2008, 12:55
Propellerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amerioca - just from the attitude of your post, working for NAC is probably not for you - reason: you have a tone that is sort of "high expectations" and not wanting to deal with fed up ops. Saying that, I'm not implying that I would call NAC operations that, however I also know of some contract pilots that work there, that have had to deal with a lot of crap and lack of organization and were not happy with a few things - but hey that is more or less kind of normal even for most reputable South African companies that one would still choose to work for, so either you can deal with it on a personal level or not - they will use and abuse you, after all that is what you will be getting paid for in their view of things. The charter side of NAC is difficult to get into, unless you have some inside local connections to the guys that have been working there for ever and then you would know the place inside out in anyway and would not have to ask these questions in a forum. Pay is highly variable, I do not think they have a thing such a pay scale - you have to negotiate and show what you are worth to them - I doubt any figures that someone might give, will be of much use. You will either love them or hate them.

Why don't you give the lady at the front desk a call and ask for the chiefpilots name and call him - if you are not in the country - it's another problem, if you can't appear there in person, you probably won't stand a chance and nobody will offer you anything anyway. Don't take it personally, but it happens to almost everybody that sends them their personals on a daily basis.

Last edited by Propellerpilot; 4th Dec 2008 at 14:55.