PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2008, 11:32
jaimz1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi RB84

I just thought I would give you my reasons:

I chose CTC because after speaking to lots and lots and lots of people, the two FTOs that were constantly recommended were CTC and FTE. The people I asked ranged from very experienced pilots (20+ years flying) to recent graduates and modular guys from all the FTOs.

I looked and spoke about everything, where they train, how they train, what they fly, employment stats, how they treat you after you graduate etc.

All lead to CTC and FTE.

I then chose CTC because of their employment record. I even failed at the first attempt and then only just missed the Wings course. Then after 3 years of research where I gave up a 40% tax bracket payment job to go and work in the aviation world (why? to do more research and talk to Pilots, engineers etc) I got on the CTC ICP scheme and I ship out to NZ on the 2nd of Jan.

I don't want to start a debate on the best FTOs etc, but I simply went on the advice I was given. I probably went over the top on research, but my old job was as a market researcher so I already had it ingrained into me!

Hope it helps!

Jim