PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2008, 11:08
Jofm5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hansheim and this incident

PJ2 et al,

Asseline may or may not have been at fault within the Habsheim incident, I see references on the thread to both the CVR and DFDR information from that incidient - however if it is true that these mediums were witheld for a week, appear visually/physically different from what was taken off the ground to what was submitted to the investigation then there certainly looks to be something that needs to be explained - however here is not the right place to analyse the Habsheim incident and there are already previous threads covering it.

I dont personally think we can really compare the habsheim incident with what happened just off Perpignan as it would appear from reporting so far that the events are dissimilar: -

1) With the habsheim accident the lack of power resulted in a slow descent and impact into the forest, from the eye witness reports the NZ A320 impacted at a very great angle.

2) The habsheim incident occured whilst trying to recover from a low level flypast, whereas the NZ A320 was reportedly anywhere between 1000 & 3500 feet when apparent control was lost.

As SLF I am not qualified to say, but in the back of my mind it would appear to me to be more avionics related than power related (as Habsheim was) due to the nature and speed of the impact - but as we well know we will not know anything until the reports are released of the investigation.

Regards,