PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC Exodus
Thread: CHC Exodus
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2008, 08:31
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Change & Progress

I am a CHC driver and we have a pretty good working life at the moment with decent terms and conditions. Certainly the best pension scheme in the Country right now thanks to the dedication and hard work of the Pension Trustees, BALPA, and it has to be said.... our management.

Because of this we probably have overheads resulting from our terms and conditions that could be exploited by our competitors to eeek a commercial advantage and I think you will find that the management are doing all they can to make the operations efficient and cost effective so fundemental change to our lives is minimised, but probably not assurred.

I know my collegues at the Southern bases are utterly committed to providing the very best support they can to our customers, sometimes to the dismay of CHC employees further afield so I find it very hard to accept that our customers are displeased with the local workforces at our Southern bases.

Having said that modern business management strategy within the oil industry is no different from elsewhere and in their own drive to save money the movement of contracts between service providers can seem very fickle, and at times, downright unfair to those who have worked hard at providing and maintaining a good service.

Having experienced the ethos and manner of our guys down South they should be proud of their reputation for being determined to provide a solid service. They know that they key to their personal stability is the satisfaction of their customers, even if they only have one at the time.