PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Annual leave being cut to 28 days?!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 20:55
Sven Sixtoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The more significant change was to include all the Public Holidays in the basic leave entitlement. This reduced the Pstaff workload inputting PH on everybody's leave record, and makes it easier to take those days off at a time of your own choosing. If for example you are somewhere sandy for Christmas, the 3 PH (25 & 26 Dec and 1 Jan) will be available to you outside of the Det whenever you want them, subject to overriding Service reasons as ever. It also makes working out your leave pass easier - JPA does the weekends automatically, so if it's not PODL or some such, just put the dates in, select ILA, and press submit. They have even been astute enough to note that those based in Scotland (and NI?) are on a different PH regime, and to confirm that seaparate arrangements will be made for them. Also, the carry forward rules have been clarified and (I think) made a bit more generous. I did note some comment along the lines of 28 days being a legal entitlement, but this seems to be a distinction without a difference - they are not going to give pay in lieu of lost leave, and the high-priced help seem to be anxious for everybody to get their leave as far as possible.

I think it's a positive change overall.

Sven