PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 18:27
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking back, is it enough to just clear the pilots' names based upon the AVMs not satisfying the legal niceties? - or is it in the peoples best interest to get as full a picture as possible of what actually happened – just in case this dreadful event was not just a convenient, fortuitous break for the politicians?
It is right and proper that the pilots' names are cleared, as the burden of proof required to find them negligent was not made.

However, I agree that it would be in the best interest of a great many people to get as full a picture as possible. There is a great deal of information somewhere that has not been made available. I was told, quite a while ago, by the MoD, that they have an 800+ page spreadsheet relating to documents associated with the Chinook incident (and, I believe the whole Chinook HC2 situation). It was decided that it would be too costly to let me have sight of that spreadsheet and the list of documents it contained.

As and when it is decided that all this information can be released into the public domain, someone may be able to piece together everything.

What can be done at this precise moment in time is restore the reputations of Jon Tapper and Rick Cook, who were found guilty of negligence despite the lack of evidence required to prove their guilt with absolutely no doubt whatsoever.

Kind regards,
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook