PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oh My God - I have done it -- and I am scared
Old 5th Apr 2002, 12:51
spitfire747

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Just a quick thankyou to all those of you who have taken the trouble to reply with your messages of inspiration.
I know that i will achieve what i dream of with alot of hard work and some luck.
September seems along way away but it will soon come.
I remember back to an Easyjet flight I had a couple of months ago from Gatwick. Picture this - I was sat in the front row, it was very windy outside, pouring down with rain, grey clouds and a generally miserable day all round, BUT the first officer despite having to go and doa walk around with the chance of getting wetter than if he jumped into a swimming pool, had that look on his face, the look of fufilment, enjoyment, excitement and happiness. - Oh boy i cannot wait to get there!

People are right, what I am doing, what people have done and what others will do is a RISK and a big one at that, but then again my Nan kept saying to me before she left this world, life is full of risk, you may get run over by a bus in the morning, if you want something go for it and you will suceed.
2 Years ago i was dreaming of being a private pilot, i saved the money and went for it, now I have got it, I am now dreaming of being a commercial pilot, so witht he same hard work and commitment, next year i will post a messag here saying " Last year I dreamt of being a commercial pilot an now i am.."

My heart sometimes beats so hard when i think of myself in the RHS of a shiny passenger plane, i find it hard to imagine anything that comes close.
I have met many many different "aviators" over the past few years and will be a privellage to spend my working life with a bunch of the friendliest, professional and most helpful people. It is the sort of industry where everyone is out to help everyone else, not themselves !

Keep with it everyone
Spitfire..