PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAW287, just woke up London!
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 10:06
DILLIGAFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I lived in Cranford (just off the eastern end of 27R) from 1962 to 1976 in a road that was nicknamed 'Jet Alley' by the locals. In those days we had BAC1-11s, Tridents and VC10's arriving and departing, no one really noticed them. When Concorde diverted in after Farnborough Airshow in 1970 (I think) we had the BBC knocking on our door with a camera crew saying "Wasn't Concorde noisy".They could not find anybody who had even noticed it. Mind you I made my Dad drive me up to the northside so I could see it. I agree with some of the other posters that these moaners chose to move to the area knowing there was a huge international airport there, common sense would have told them it would be a noisy area so they have no right to complain about it. Although on a smaller scale I remember reading a few years ago about a towny that moved to the country and complained to the council that the local farmers cockerell was waking him up every morning at 5 o'clock by crowing.I think the council served a noise pollution notice on the farmer and told him to make it crow quieter. Perhaps there is no such thing as common sense these days.
D