PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where do you go after a failed CPL exam appeal to CASA?
Old 3rd Dec 2008, 03:45
Integro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah that's it anyone who's under the age of 40 doesn't know how to work hard or sacrifice to get something they really want. As soon as they complain it's because they're a soft little kid who has had it easy all his/her life.

I agree to some extent that the "younger" generation has had it easier in some regard but the "older" generation seems to think that's the reason behind everything.

If you want to whinge and moan about generation x and y start your own thread. That being said I appreciated the following comment you made Buzzy. It's a pity it was amongst personal attacks and accusations.

isn't helping you prepare for the "journey of knockbacks"
How about you try not to get personal in here and maintain a little bit of a professionalism. It seems like you and a few others who have posted in this thread have a bit of a chip on your sholder. I'm sorry that it's so easy for everyone who's doing their pilots licence now. Geeze we have it easy!

The issue here is not pass or fail. I would have thought in a Law exam you'd be expected to answer the questions to the letter of the Law.

The dog should be allowed in the cabin with its master
Thanks for the insight Kelly Slater, however in the CPL Law exam they're not testing you on what you think should or shouldn't happen. It is an examination of your knowledge and understanding of the laws. It's pretty clear in the Reg's what the requirements are.

For those that actualy care about the outcome of this rather than just having a go at me and "my generation" for being so "soft". Here's an update:

After speaking with a CASA representative I was advised that an animal not on a moisture absorbent mat posses a safety/slip hazard and what it can leave behind could potentially cause excessive corrosion to the air frame. (Which is why the regulation was created). He also clarified that "in the real world" if a CASA representative were to inspect my PAX/Cargo and find a blind mans dog in the cabin not on a mositure absorbent mat that I'd be penalised for not following the Reg's.

This is one of the least ambiguous CASA questions that I have ever seen and your argument one of the weakest
obviously not.....

Last edited by Integro; 18th Dec 2008 at 02:13.