PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2008, 17:30
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta JFK to Gothenburg next summer - is that daily? Crikey, if that is to be a winner there should be no problem at all on a two weekly Cork - JFK regardless of snn and border posts and I will even throw in the credit crunch as well. After all, the new Munster unemployed will need to take up some legal/illegal jobs in the good ol' USA!

It is not often that Cork gets to celebrate a new route these days but Aer Lingus began the three weekly seasonal service to Geneva today. The flight will operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays. The Mrs & I are trying it out on Saturday so I will report back later on how it does.

A French ATR is due on Saturday for some maintenance by Aer Arann. A Sicilly Isles SkyBus Twin Otter is also due on Saturday and she will be doing a once off charter to Newquay. A few bits & pieces of work there to help keep things ticking over in these much darker and bleaker times for Cork and for so many other airports.

Were any of you looking south from the airport yesterday just after 5 pm when Venus rose from behind the moon shining out like a diamond on the rim of the ring of the moon. Very impressive astronomical sight. The binoculars came in handy for something other than de 'planes!