PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2008, 15:41
davaar lad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CFIT

BBF

quote:
"I'd be dead so not at all bothered and you splendid RAF chaps, if you thought about me at all, would regard me as a bit of an idiot who had the classic VFR into IMC accident that claims PPLs every year."

I'm sorry that you have such a low opinion of the Junior Service, but I daresay that you may be dead but as in the case of the Mull of Kyntyre accident there would be plenty of grieving relatives and friends and aviation professionals asking "how and why?"
As for the splendid RAF chaps regarding you as a bit of an idiot for a classic VFR into IMC accident..you clearly do not know many RAF chaps who are splendid enough.
It might be said that your interpretation of this "classic IMC into VMC" accident (whatever that is?) is pretty much the same conclusion as Wratten and Day came up with, it says more about them than it does about you.
The point is, how do you, they, anyone, know if this was CFIT and certainly not a straightforward VMC/IMC accident, unless you were there, then; how could you?
I'm glad that you have brought the issue up again, around the bouy or not it keeps the topic alive, and likewise i'm glad WK is back, he may have some wacky ideas but he does make us think about it from another POV.
I have still to see a satisfactory explanation of the Lowther Hill and fishing boat issues raised by Walt.

rgds

DL