PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airport Security again...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2008, 15:19
Raggyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Security is all for show, and really what does it stop?

If security was so good, why are there people being detected with Drugs after a long haul flight, and they are the ones who get caught after the flight, how many get through! Could have quiet easily have been something else, although the ticking could probably give it away.

I spose it is a good thing that these "imaginary friend" believers aren't that clever. Weapons can be made out of absolutely anything, it doesn't have to be metal.

Security is a tough job, especially when you have to pretend that you are doing a good job. It is a bit of a joke, but atleast it stops the grannies from taking on knitting needles, cause you never know when a grannie is going to turn on you.

The UK would have to be worse, you have people who I believe aren't the best qualified checking passports of people. As long as you have a good copy of a passport and the name on the ticket matches it, you are on the flight. Absolutely no-one from the passport office making sure you are who you say you are and checking the passport to make sure that it is 100% an issued article. This only happens when you come into the country.

If you are Mr Terrorist reading this, then I hope that all your promised virgins aren't hairy blokes. Who's to say that there are any there? If I were you would definitely want a down payment first.