PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways in merger talks with Qantas (merged)
Old 2nd Dec 2008, 13:16
Raggyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would be very supprised if they would be allowed by the Bristish and Australian government to go ahead with it.

Will never fly Qantas or BA again. What caused me to drop them completely was the lack of customer service and attention. To me, Qantas use to be alot different, and proud of the service they provide. Now, it is the same as BA. Don't get me wrong, pilots have been absolutely brillant, just a shame about the cabin staff.

I use to always fly qantas, until I had to catch BA flights from the North East UK for our honey moon back home to Oz. Got in early to make sure we had good seats, wasn't until we got on the plane that we found out we were across the aisle from each other. Would rather walk than catch a BA flight.

Talking to alot of other Australian's here in the UK, and most of them fly other airlines, who use to solely fly Qantas. Will be interesting if the merger does go ahead to see how much their market share is going to fall and I doubt gain.