PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2008, 12:22
Re-Heat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the risk of being repetitious, there has been no response to my earlier question. My contacts at Qantas feel that this might be relevant.
Phil - as I am sure you know, each operator has different specs, and different ADIRUs may be installed on different types of similar aircraft, let alone different types in different fleets (google Honeywell ADIRU, and you can see that it might be on anything from 737s to A340s). While I am sure that someone would know exactly what is installed, in the interests of minimising speculation, I am not sure that anyone will be revealing here as to which ADIRU ANZ and Qantas ordered respectively for their fleets.

If you contacts at Qantas are in engineering or involved in the investigations on the A330, they will almost certainly know what was installed on each. If not, it is futile to speculate, as even if they are the same (it is certainly possible), then individual coding, version (if manufactured in a different year), updates etc could mean that the same base computer is operating in a very different way.

I cannot see how this information would be useful other than for uninformed speculation. There is no obligation on anyone to reply to all questions on a bulletin board!