PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Bye Geoff, you wont be missed
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2008, 07:29
Flyingblind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly i have to say thank god he's gone, secondly FOG!

As he's left the buliding and counting his money lets move on and try and forget him, not possiable i know but its a start.

What constantly amazes me on a daily basis is how these people get away with this kind of behaviour in the first place, to receive that kind of payout after his 'managment' of the company beggers belief.

'Greed is good' whent the 80's mantra, well that may be in need of a change in these times, are the worlds CEO's living on a differant planet when it comes to remuneration/performance ratios?

Where are the sharholders powers in all this? or is it a case of the major shareholders being insitutions and their voting overides small investors desires for a more measured package?

Quite an interesting look at how someone else is doing it and perhaps a glimpse into the future.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Look at the anger in the US with the three major car manufactouring CEO's flying off to Washington to ask for a bail out, no problem Washington said,come on down and lets talk, then came the admission that all three flew in their corporate jets, in their own corporate jets, 3 CEO's, 3 seperate corporate jets off to Washington to beg for money.And they wondered why the guys and gals on the hill were not recepetive to their plea?

CEO's.......where to next for this bunch? are they heading towards the bottom of the respect list joining the other undesirable, untrustworthy 'professions' like lawers and politicians?

Answers on a post card please.