PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passengers insulting cabin crew. What do you do? here is a case
Old 2nd Dec 2008, 05:19
Romeo India Xray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On topic but not related to removing the PAX for the AC directly.

Mrs RIX works at the airport. One day an abusive passenger started to threaten her because she was in the middle of handling a problem with a delayed flight and could only point him in the right direction insted of taking him there personally.

Few weeks later (unbeknown to me), same guy, same levels of abuse, different worker and different non reason.

Fast forward 3 months and 5 of us were in the city centre enjoying a meal. Same guy (first time I met him), walks up to Mrs RIX and starts threatening her, telling her that the next time he sees her alone then she is done for. I stepped up and he saw the size of our group at just about the time he was going to take a swing for me - guy was not drunk.

Then the remainder of the group stepped up to him and outnumbered he started pretending all the stragers around him were his best buddies, got in his car and drove off.

Being in a reasonably influential position, I have instigated that he is no longer welcome on ANY flights here I suspect he only does this on the ground because he has an exit route if he can't get his own way, but never the less, I won't take the chance with such a mindless idiot kicking off at FL360 in an enclosed tube full of other PAX and staff for him to hurt.

RIX