PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unable To Post a Reply
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2002, 07:41
Slasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Jesus H christ its taken me a full bloodey 2 days just to get THIS far!

First all I got in this new BB was "Error 502 Bad Gateway" every time I tried to send a reply. After sniffin around someone told me to use IE6 (I NEVER use IE!! The security issues and Mr Gates are 2 good reasons why I dont). But anyway for the sake of simplicitey I downloaded the bloodey thing and sh!t did IT cause problems! Not only didnt it work at all for any internet site but it took over every damn thing on my computer. Spent the day trying to stop it bein my default browser and default viewer for many aplications. IE6 couldnt get through to any site anyway so too damn right I killed the mongrel thing in one swift delete!

Next fr!gging day was spent down-loading Opera 601 to upgrade from my 511 because of all this upgraded java-sh!t that it had that PPRuNe wants now. Yeh it worked on PPRuNe but screwed-up re-loads and refreshes from other sites. So Ive gone back to 511 and to hell with it. I can view PPRuNe with 511 ok with NOT having to S C R O L L sideways. Just I cant post on PPRuNe with it!

That left Nutscrape. Same day I instaled 6.1 to upgrade from 5.79 but had the same results on other sites as I did from the Opera upgrade. So I reinstaled 5.79 and found I can now make posts (9 times out of bloodey 10) but NOW having to S C R O L L S I D E W A Y S to read the posts.

All this wasted me 2 days just because PPRuNe decided give up the old reliable gasoline engine and go nuclear.

So now I have this f*cking rediculus arrangement where I have 2 browsers open: Nutscrape to make posts and Opera to read them after reloading that particular page! Im b*ggered if Im goin to have to put up with the disadvantages from upgraded browsers on other sites just becaus on BB decides to upgrade to new software even when the old money worked perfectley with no problems at all.

Im totaly p!ssed off with the whole scene and Ive wasted enough bloodey time on it alreadey!

Last edited by Slasher; 5th Apr 2002 at 08:11.