PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gays in the RAF
Thread: Gays in the RAF
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2008, 19:41
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tim, I have to take issue with you.

I am hetero-male. I have shared living with Homosexuals of both genders and also had a close (non-sexual! ) relationship with a Transsexual.....so I think I'm qualified to chip in.

Biologically, the male and female of a species are designed to couple, pass seed and reproduce....THAT IS WHAT THE ULTIMATE REASON IS, FOR PHYSICAL EXISTENCE ON THIS MORTAL COIL.

Same-sex coupling is abnormal-common, yes, normal, no.

I have taken no offence when a male has got a bit "too friendly"...."sorry mate , I bat for the other side" is all that's needed....no offence taken by either party.

I lived with a partner for over 15 years, we had 3 kids....the odd person is still taken-aback to find we never divorced BECAUSE WE NEVER MARRIED.

Our circumstances were not an issue,even friends who were privy to the fact initially treated the news with scepticism.

DISCRETION is the key, We never "pushed" our (lack of ) marital status and were accepted as a married couple.

Overtly gay "in your face" acquaintances who have "trusted2 me enough to "confide" their leanings, have been met with a hugely dramatic "WELL, I'd never have guessed!....well, actually , if you were any butcher, you'd be wearing a striped apron/ any more camp you'd be wearing a skirt" usually gets it across.

It's COMMON, NOT NORMAL....DON'T make it an issue and I won't.

and, yes, Queers/lesbians/blacks/cockneys /jocks etc. are all a target for a joke.