PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - MODE S and battling level busts
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2008, 14:49
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
landedoutagain -

That option makes more sense. I think I can categorically state that no one in the LTMA has the Mode S box permanently open.

In fact, the only time I use it nowadays is to show visitors what we can see - i.e. instantaneous ROC/ROD etc.

The NODE interface is such a pain anyways - trying to highlight the a target aircraft can be onerous because of the highlight toggle on/off on the master palette. I find that when I want a solid box i.e. to select an aircraft (say to force it into a stack list) I have the highlight selected so get a blue hatched box... or vice versa if I'm trying to do something else

The problem with the next frequency is that it would need to be input manually into the system because depending on adjacent sector configurations at that point in time etc, the frequency could be different.

I suppose working a T&P system would give more scope for that, but to be honest at TC it's (the frequency thingy) not needed.

I think LAC have the ability for a quick look on taget aircraft for the next frequency, but obviously they work on electronic offers and the T&P system.