PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tories to look at pensions.
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2008, 12:04
Doctor Cruces

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't often get really riled about something on here, but now is the time.

Listen up all you civil service and local government bashers who haven't got a clue what they are waffling on about (what on PPRuNe, never!!).

I am now a working in local government. The vast majority of us are very poorly paid. I recently suffered a new deal on my pension, pay more and get less at the end. This is a nationwide deal not just local. There are also penalty clauses which say that if I retire before 65 I will lose a huge whack of what is rightfully mine.

I earn considerably less than the national average quoted here and I'm constantly amazed by the fact that some of the people whose benefits I administer get a lot more each month than I take home for working 37 hours a week.

I left the Civil Service as a manager to work in local government as an ordinary bod and got an immediate payrise, so they're no better off either and HMG is pratting them about as well.

I can't see how anyone on here can not see the hypocracy of criticising someone who leaves the Civil Service et al with a pension and then goes on to get another job pretty quickly. It's blindingly stupid to do so considering anyone who leaves the service having completed a full engagement immediatley receives a pension. I know I did so I know what I'm talking about here.

So, as many of us on PPRuNe constantly criticise others inaccuracy when debating issues, get your facts straight before you spout about something you know bu**er all about.

Rant over, normal service resumes WIE!!

Doc C

Well, nearly immediately. I've had a chill pill and I'm better now!!!