PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Salary
Thread: Air Asia Salary
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2008, 10:25
Anti Skid On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can picture it now: highly experienced captain of asian airline sat next to a plucky 20 yr old FO from england (who thinks hes gods gift to aviation because of his oxford background and rich parents) with no actual experience flying jets.... And theyre on approach through a tropical storm to some tin pot airfield...

And not to forget it is a 'low cost' operation.
Gees Airspace 101 (or whatever you are calling yourself) - have you ever been east of Dover? Several years ago, when their fleet was all 737-400's most of the Captain's were straight out of Ryanair, in fact I think they had a scheme going. Tin Pot airfields? They have some very fine fields with very good Navaids - in case you don't know malaysia produces a fair amount of black gunk from under the seas that is refined and used in your car, or even as Jet A1.

I've been through the Cabair, BA direct entry, thinking of paying for it myself scenario many moons ago. I was the one who arrived at Cabair in a 10 year old Astra, whilst everyone else was in daddies Merc, Jag or Porsche. Needless to say I didn't have the equity to get aplace at Cabair (come back when you have £30K)

BA - only buddy of mine who got in had a father-in-law who was a training captain on 767's for Britannia and a brother law who flew Jetstreams for BA - wonder how he got in?

For many they will pay to get that dream, regardless of what it takes. Without wishing to hammer the final nail into Airspace 101's coffin, my mate had under 200hrs in his log book upon completing the BA scheme at Oxford, and he was right seat in a 737 on short haul flying three sectors a day out of Gatwick - not really different.