PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 1st Dec 2008, 07:26
fly bhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fenella

Sorry to add to this, but I feel that if the vote is no, the ultimate result will be that NSL employees lose their jobs. How will you all feel about that?
I'm sorry to point out, but I feel that if the vote is yes, the ultimate result will be no NSL at all!! As was stated at my briefing, the union see it as highly likely that NSL will start giving up "loss making contracts" once the deal goes through, and when asked what's to stop them giving up ALL of their contracts and effectivly selling off NSL, their reply was that "yes, that is entriely possible"!!!

Voting yes for this deal makes the company much more financially attractive to any potential buyers and as soon as the deal goes through, an attempt to sell off the whole NSL section will quite possibly happen and where will all your NSL colleagues jobs (and indeed pensions!!) be then?!? It certainly seems a damned if we do, damned if we don't situation, but its a situation of management's making and they can damn well sort it out themselves!!

FB