PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reclining seats send airline tempers soaring
Old 30th Nov 2008, 23:03
Lancelot37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone has the right to recline their seat, but please observe the following:

Not during meal service.
When starting to recline ensure there is nothing spillable on the tray behind.
Recline slowly, one notch at a time, as a signal to the person behind you that this is about to happen. Also look behind before you start.

Oh and one more thing, if you are getting out of your seat, do not grab the backrest of the seat in font of you. The guy in front (me) could be sleeping, just about to put a drink in his mouth etc.

Any kind of deliberate, constant banging on the backrest of the seat in front is not acceptable. This is especially directed to people with children.
=================================================

Well said, alothough I do have a problem as I am 6'3" and 19 stone, built like a rugby player. I can't help that and at 71 years it's hard to alter anything. My knees are locked into the backrest of whoever is in front of me on our regular trips to OZ in cattle class.

When the person in front tries to recline his/her seat it will not move because of my knees. I finish every flight with very sore knees which often take a couple of weeks to return to a comfort level. Modern seating in a/c seems to be focused on midgets in order to pack in as many pax as possible.

I never recline my seat and I prefer to sleep upright.