PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Simulator X and all PC sims: merged threads
Old 30th Nov 2008, 10:26
Lt.Fubar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eivissa
I didnt know that would ever say that (concerning a sim), but yet I havent found a single thing is unrealistic in the hole handling and procedures of the helicopter.
Hmm, umm, well... oh, there's one: Trim Release works kind of awkward press to reset and you have to be quick to center your joystick or the machine will tip-over. Well can't do better with the desktop Joysticks, probably works ok with the "Force Feedback" ones - but those are 4-8 times less accurate .

Some time ago I started on a project of a precise joystick for computer helo sims with proper trim, but had to put it on hold, as lately had no spare time due to work on my term paper.

BTW, DCS: Black Shark (Чeрnaя Акула) will be released worldwide in January. To bad it's coaxial, will have to wait at least two years for DCS: Apache to fly proper combat helicopter oh, and the DodoSim will release their new Bell 206 for FSX soon - that's something worth waiting for too:
DodoSim 206 FSX TEch Demo Oct 08 - Putfile.com