PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stewardess demoted to First Officer
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2008, 21:23
rmac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now there you go with your precious nonsense UP and Down (there I can click more heads banging than you can, how clever of me).

I regularly fly single pilot IMC, airways and approaches to minimums. Aside from actually operating the particular aircraft type please let me know what is different in the process, maybe I use a different ILS or VOR/DME approach or speak to a different controller, which could be a bit embarassing when sandwiched between two 737's and being forced to rush my approach with a vector to intercept right on top of the FAF, to make way for my better automated, multi crewed, faster friends, please tell me and try using convincing argument rather than vitriol.

Your post does however rather prove my point. You clearly have neither judgement nor humility, god help you on the day that it is needed.

For your greater edification, the wet concrete was badly signed but I happen to read Russian, and understand English when spoken (yelled) by a harrassed Russian speaking controller, which neither of the crew could reasonably be expected to do. So a useful extra resource. No "saved aircraft" but a lot of saved embarrassment and saved significant extra expense for the airline.

Last edited by rmac; 29th Nov 2008 at 22:33.