PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kiwi pilot injured in plane crash in Botswana
Old 29th Nov 2008, 18:10
big buddah

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Swamp Rat,
I agree with you 100%

I keep my Pprune posts to my self these days as I have came to the conclusion that most pilots who post here are rather uneducated in life skills but after drinking a few too many Grand Gala's I thought I'd throw in my 2 CAF's worth!

I must say the guys that fly in the delta are generally good bastards drink their piss and have a good time. Unfortunately they are generally the low time and inexperienced pilots. They haven't yet come across the decision yet of what is commercially possible and what is unsafe.

There is actually no correct answer to what is safe and what is not. You can argue the point with me but all I'll say is it changes by the second.

The whole point of this post is just because the pilot set off with an active CB means nothing. We do it every day, add in a war zone and every other obstacle you can think off and we'd never get air bourne. The fact is the pilot and pax walked away from a bad situation.

It takes everyone to stand back and look at the the accident and learn from it. You guys/girls in Maun don't actually see much weather. So if it was a micro burst that was the factor in this case, you should all stand back learn from it. Because when you leave the delta you'll relise how sheltered you have been.

It is some of the best flying you'll ever do but it is very limit in growing your experience.

DDmow, If you think turning down a job will lead to you getting fired, you need your head read. If your within the rules and your companies Op's manual your within in rights! and that leads to respect from other crews which in my time leads to get offered more work.

BB

Mind the spelling