PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High Heels
Thread: High Heels
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2002, 18:19
stephen.mullins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember reading the story in the daily mail, its infuriating but reminds me of a recent story placed in the Exeter echo, along the same lines but concerning the Marines. One local boy fell from the thirty foot ropes whilst wearing 32lbs of kit, (full fighting order) and now he and several others, are being led, I mean advised by a lowlife, sorry lawyer and are suing the mod for damages.

First of all, the drop wearing that amount of kit motivated me not to let go of the rope, along with a desire to get through it all, as did all my troop. I firmly believe that when you pick your branch you take your chance, what did he expect a walk in the park, trainings tough and is meant to be.

We can only be glad (like some else has already posted) that people like these, (and there will be many more) are either out or on their way out. You can only imagine their embarrassing behaviour when the brown stuff really hits the fan.

Of course Mrs soon be ex RAF is happy, anybody would be with 200,000 nicker in their back pocket. Good riddens.