PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Airlines hiring
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2008, 03:44
oceancrosser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just did the sim/medical/interview this week with KE (777). The sim was straightforward. Being non-type rated on the 777 there was some adjustment factor. The KAL instructor was fairly non-committal, did not offer much advise, and very difficult to understand. However I did not find him negative in any way.
Medical is a chapter in itself, as has been described previously on this thread.
There seemed to be repetitions of many of the tests both at the KAL building and the hospital. I think my blood pressure was taken 14 times by 4 different people! Slightly elevated at first, but way down on subsequent tests.
It is unlike anything you have seen unless you have done medical in China, Japan or Korea as I understand it.
The interview was straight forward as well, 2 Korean gentlemen, a few technical questions, and a little discussion about my past experiences, barely 20 mins.
But, I have no idea how I fared on either the medical or the interview.

The attrition rate in the sim is significant, my sim partner did not make it, and judging by the list we had, there would potentially have been 8 pilots for the medical, but only 4 of us were there.
For the interview (wholly different group) there should have been up to 12 pilots, we were 3.

Very well organized by KAL, works like clockwork. Now I only have to wait and see what happens next...