PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unusual attitudes in real IMC
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2002, 15:44
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not what I said or implied. Stop trying to be dramatic
Well you did tell me to wind my neck in even though Jepp had pointed out that it WAS IN SOLID IMC......Defending an examiner in this situation just makes you look stupid.

I was always trained by the RAF not to use a visual reference for spin recovery but to rigidly rely on your turn and slip. Visual reference can easily be misconstrued and in an inverted spin you won't have any. A turn coordinator is lethal in these situations as is the ASI. Which if you had ever taught spinning exercises you would know. Recovery from 1000ft AGL is merely a deathwish, my limit is 5000ft then its parachute time.
Thanks, I know. Next time I'll bring a Turn and Slip indicator just in case I get caught out, then I can quickly wire it in place of the turn coordinator, seeing as they're not very common in modern aircraft, and then I can recover....Anyway, in the adsence of a TaSI I was taught that the turn coordinator is most reliable instrument, so please explain why it is "Lethal in these situations" as I'm most interested. Also in IMC, with no TaSI, a 'Lethal' TC and ASI, what will I use to recover? Just blindly stand on one of the pedals, hoping that th 50/50 chance of getting the correct one pays off?

What? In your opinion based on a posting from someone under test with hoods/foggles on? Just what would be the motivation I ask you for an examiner to push himself into a dangerous spin recovery with someone with whom he had not flown before? Why would he wish to put himself in an aircraft flown by some numpty in a spin in IMC down to a low height? NONE. So it didn't happen.
What are you talking about WWW? You seem to have lost the plot. This was an illustration of the fact that it IS safe to come through clouds with no gyroscopic instruments, as they used to do it in the old days (30's and before), but you need to get yourself set up first.

EA may be concerned. But that is not enough to start making sweeping statements about a professional pilots judgement. Particularly not from you enhlishal
Jesus, you really have lost it. Do you not have any concern at all that an examiner would attempt this in IMC? I hope you'd have the bottle to question the Captain you are flying with if you were ever the least concerned with what he/she was doing? Or becasue he/she is a 'more senior Proffessional pilot' would you TOTALLY trust his judgement?

WWW, next time, before you start ranting and raving, please read and try to understand ALL of the posts. You start sprouting so much ****, it makes you look a fool.

EA