PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anybody got a job recently?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2008, 12:34
stefair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't buy it. There are jobs out there but they don't come to you.

Finished modular training myself in August without MCC. Want a company to pay for it, not me. Currently flying freelance C172, 430 TT. Scraping by. Literally. That being said, however, presently in selection process with European regional and invitation to second selection, also regional. Both would pay for MCC and TR IF I get through which still is a looong road, not anywhere just yet. But, there is light.

Buddy of mine, who did groundschooling with, also in selection process with a European airline. The situation is certainly not great either over in continental Europe but I'd say for sure not as grim as in the UK. Be PROACTIVE and prepared to explore all directions. Aaaand, be very patient and try to not lose your flying skills. Join a gliding club, join a flying club, ask people for a free ride. Make contacts and be a nice guy, someone others want to hang out with in the cockpit for eight hours and drink the obligatory pint after.

A corporate pilot I know said to me the other day that he had been knocking on doors for two years after training, that was back in the 90s. He recommended to be patient but persistent. Another one said, only those who give up will not end up in the right seat. The others will. For some, it will be straight after training, for some it will happen years later.

Good luck!