PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ayla Aaa Jordan
Thread: Ayla Aaa Jordan
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2008, 09:29
mafemukh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to hear it

Hi "A the B",
If all is how you say it is with the students, then I am delighted to hear it!
However, be careful, do not post full names on this forum as you can be sued for libel and PPRuNe may be required by court order to say who you really are.
I have no idea who the "aged" GI's are, certainly when I left the guys were all experienced and, all but one, certificated. The ACGI was the only one not locally certificated but I am sure he could quickly resolve that issue as he was a very knowledgable, experienced and committed instructor.
The only certification issue remaining is who can teach the Instrument Ground School. After my departure, AG was the only IGI left at AAA; if he is gone, then the only instructors qualified to teach the INST are the CFI's who have the Instrument Instructor rating. It can be argued from #61 regs that a GI with the Advanced Rating can teach anything; however, the test for this rating is pitched at the commercial certificate and does not involve either the IR or ATP. I (and I am sure CARC) would argue, therefore, that without the IGI, a GI is neither qualified to teach the IR nor the Instrument portion of the ATP.
Your comments about the lady manager are both unkind and inaccurate; she was a founding member of the team. She worked 24/7 to help the cadets - she may not have been the best manager, her personality was too quiet and introverted - but her dedication and work ethic could not be faulted. Whether she has another job or not is irrelevant - you should know how hard it is to find work as a female CFI!
Lastly, thank you for your kind comments about me and I hope all goes well with you and your colleagues at AAA.