PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC: too many freq swaps ?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2008, 08:31
BravoMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Admiral346

Well the DEP freq is indeed in 50% (or something like this) a "luxury" but in the other 50% it is a necessity... Departures from EBCI with a right turn via HUL have to be separated from any dep EBBR leaving also via HUL...
As I said, you can "create" procedures where the freq' of the DEP is not needed anymore...
One slight problem might arise... You might have to level off for several NM, extra TRACKM flying might be needed due to the "new" procedures etc... This effect will ripple through your whole flight, because will you be able to reach a certain level restriction when you levelled of for several NM? etc... Hey don't get me wrong, it's certainly not ideal but you'll have to choose the less bad solution...
About the rest of your "complaints" against the ARR at EBBR... did you ever get HOLDING on the APP frequency or was it still with area control?

Late descends/unnecessary holdings/ no interception headings/ etc ... don't throw that just at them ... PM me or explain me in more detail those things ... maybe I can help you out...
And the level busting/headon thing, what happened? I am pretty sure that the ARR was keeping their minimum separation (3NM) ...
Greetings...

And about the DATALINK,
YEp that's all very nice... for pre-tactical controlling an aircraft...
Or for control in a wide area... where everyone has time .

If it has to go fast, nothing beats the freq... Call me oldfashioned, but if you read climb to FL70 . or you hear a controller "XXX climb to FL70 traffic descending and levelling of 1000 ft above your cleared level"
What do you prefer...
GRTZ
B