PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An evaluation of UK Airport Terminal Designs
Old 28th Nov 2008, 00:09
Coventrian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An evaluation of UK Airport Terminal Designs

Hi there,

I'm a year 3 student on the "Air Transport" course at Buckinghamshire New University, and also a budding pilot.

My latest assignment is for a module called "Airport Terminal Design and Innovation" and involves analysing the design of a UK airport terminal, I chose Birmingham terminal 1 (original I know).

Basically, I'm after passenger's opinions of the way a few different UK airport terminals are designed, I've been researching a few different airport review sites, but most reviews are focused around delay times etc.

Anyway, I'll be focusing around Birmingham terminal 1 (so don't post any reviews of Terminal 2 the Eurohub), and it's competitors, which I've chosen a Stansted, Luton, Heathrow T4, Manchester T1 and East Mids. If regular and non regular flyers from these airports (both passengers and pilots) could submit their experience of the design of these terminals it would be greatly appreciated.

The main thing I'm looking for is the ease of passenger flow from access to the terminal (airport rail stations, car parks, passenger drop off and coaches and buses) through to departures and then onto the aircraft, and vice versa for arrivals. Any information around lighting/natural light/crowding of areas/access to facilities/layout of shops etc is also welcomed.

Regards

Ben