PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New DII(F) IT System
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2008, 22:15
proplover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny you should of mentioned printers Pontius, one of the more recent "whoops we didnt see that comming" moments. Many army and RAF establishments have discovered just how much their stationary budgets are being clobberd by the "agreed pricing" of tonner replacemnts for the F printers. One Sqd Ldr I met was looking at a potential 3 to 4 fold increase in his costs and Ive heard similar stories eleswhere, may not sound much on one base but believe me when you multiply the number of printers and toner cartriges accross all MOD sites in UK, Germany and else where.......well with that money MOD could pay more compensation to wounded servicmen, or bought more\better equipment etc etc. Remember its an on going cost every year!

God if I hear another Atlas bloke say "lessons have been learnt" ..... The lessons were learnt in DiiA (Pilot scheme) and C its just that EDS and Atlas thought they knew better and have taken best part of two and half years to re-invent the Dii wheel to get us roughly back where we were at the end of C.