PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2008, 21:06
gate 22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While that might seem like a dream, then I think BHD should stick to what it does best. An excellent regional, more business orientated airport. If BHD gives too much to FR, will we end up with another Shannon basket case, with all other airlines basically leaving and allowing FR to run the show?? Lord I hope not??
The reality is that BHD is not sticking to what it does 'best', and I think the irony will be that once the runway is operational FR will end up at BFS with most other operators down at BHD. Before this could happen they would expand on the otherside of the runway. Go into google earth and look at the huge area to the west of the airport. All they would have to do is build a bridge across the river and you are at Fortwilliam M2 junction. Build a new massive terminal on the opposite side of the airfield and there you have it. BHD the new GLA/BFS becomes PWK. I know it sounds daft but if you had said to me 10 years ago that BHD would have 737's by FR operating and a runway extension taking place plus the majority of LHR flights to and from Belfast operating there, I would have said you were mad. The curfew that's a joke, operators at BFS don't even use that to its full advantage with most flights these days in bed by 21.30. I think that Luton is the only London flight that arrives after 21.30.