PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another 1st solo announcement!
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2002, 13:51
Evo7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice post AR

I was up yesterday for my second solo - less memorable than the first, but a lot more fun. The great advantage of more than one circuit is that there is plenty of time to enjoy it all. Lovely weather, a slightly eratic first circuit but a good landing followed by a couple more smooth touch and goes and then a greaser to full stop. Magic

There was, however, a slight embarrasment. I did two dual circuits first, after which we taxied to the tower and my instructor turned down the radio volume and gave me a few words of encouragement. He then hopped out and I hit the push-to-talk "G-KBPI, request radio check and taxi for circuits, student pilot on board". Silence. um.... "G-KBPI, request radio check". Silence. Instructor waving at me from the tower. What the **** is going on? "G-KBPI, request radio check". Instructor runs up and tells me to stop doing radio checks and turn the volume up because the radio is fine and I'm talking over the top of everyone else.... :o :o :o

Oh well, it was a great session and if that's the dumbest thing I did then not too bad. I'll remember next time....