PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The AOT Course at Coventry...
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2002, 13:36
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 170 Likes on 65 Posts
I commend both of you on doing something pro-active to enhance your career prospects. I am going to try to be open minded. But.

For £300 plus travel and accom expenses what did you get that you could not have gotten from a PPRuNe Wannabes seminar - cost £10?

The Wannabes seminars were set up orginally because senior PPRuNe members - who are somewhat high up in the aviation stratosphere - were being asked to attend Wannabe functions on a commercial basis and they noticed that people were making a healthy profit from them.

If you are content with the money you spent then that is fair enough. To a point. I hate to see people take money off Wannabes for any advice. As far as possible it should be free because there are so many pilots out there with the goodwill to offer it for nothing. The Balpa employment conference for example is a good deal as the fees go only to hire the venue and associated costs. The speakers are on company time.

The PPRuNe Wannabe Seminars are £10 and that is to cover the room hire. Everyone who is on hand is there for free from goodwill. As impressive as the AOT team may be they are nothing that cannot have been found at the last Wannabes day at the Christmas Gatbash... plus more fo those interested in the Military, Flying Instruction or perhaps ATC career paths...

I wish AOT luck. They are honest people offering an honest product at a price. If you are happy with that price then it seems the product comes with recommendations. But, if you can't afford the price there are perfectly viable alternatives..

Cheers guys and best of luck with the job hunting,