PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Sunwing last?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2008, 18:55
Rubberbiscuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gumbi:

There is no high horse to get off of here, rest assured. I have found myself unemployed/laid off from various reasons including the competition across the street undercutting and eventually forcing my then employer to lay off over half of its current pilots including me. These things happens and are out om my control.... I certainly did not get pissed off at the pilots at the competition. They were simply trying to do their job and feed their families just like everyone else. Which is the points I am trying to make in this thread. I for one wish no harm to anyone, including our competitors. I was or is not looking for any kind of sympathy(read warmth and fuzziness).... sympathy for what? I have a job for now. I could not care less if someone wants to throw darts at a calendar and predict the competitions demise... I just find it humorous that someone would go as far as telling me that I will be out of work the 2nd week of January!! On the upside I guess I don't have to study for my recurrent now that I know I will be on the street anyway!

As far as undercutting goes I am not sure who you are referring to, but it takes alot more than a lower price to succeed. Including but not limited to customer service, customer support and having a product people will by into more than once. I think vacationers are very loyal for the most part, and if they are happy with a product they will keep coming back regardless of the name on the airplane. Being able to offer a lower price than the competition does not mean everyone is going to come running to you. It does however make people that could not normally afford a vaction think twice about it.

In a nutshell I simply don't understand where people see the need to post lies or slander about others... competition or not.

Last edited by Rubberbiscuit; 27th Nov 2008 at 19:02. Reason: Edited for content