PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2008, 18:15
BFS101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there will always be a need for BFS, regardless about the expansion plans at BHD. Personally I think that BHD provides a more modern, user friendly experience, but I'm all for the creation or one excellent airport for Belfast. Modern with a range of airlines to a range of destinations. While that might seem like a dream, then I think BHD should stick to what it does best. An excellent regional, more business orientated airport. If BHD gives too much to FR, will we end up with another Shannon basket case, with all other airlines basically leaving and allowing FR to run the show?? Lord I hope not??

On a seperate note, from a very quick scan, it would appear that Falcon/First Choice have cancelled their wintersun programme from Belfast, with the exception of ACE using the Thomas Cook flight. For Dec/Jan/Feb it will not give options to book for Tenerife or Gran Canaria. Is this due to the demise of FUA, and is it so???? That is a huge blow if true, Falcon have offered wintersun from BFS for donkeys!!!