PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Name & Shame - Operating Commercial Flights on Private Aircraft!!!
Old 27th Nov 2008, 17:19
tommoutrie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The absence of names on this thread reinforces the idea that its not easy to interpret the rules.

If a local council asks an aerial photography company to go for a flight and take photo's of someones back garden to see if they have built an extension thats aerial work isnt it? Is it aerial work if an inspector from the council gets in the plane to ensure the correct back garden is photographed?

Here's a question that I'd like to get the CAA to answer. Why is there so much focus on incidents like the one above (its ongoing at the moment) and so little interest in the ones that Phil and Drunk report?

I posted the CAA's interpretation of the rules because I think that section 4 has a simplified version of the questions that a pilot can reasonably ask himself to satisfy the private/public transport question. While jobs are scarce and cash is tight I think its more likely that pilots will get asked to do things that are moody and applying these questions may keep someones licence intact.