PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Sunwing last?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2008, 16:22
Rubberbiscuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Willie Everlearn wrote:

"You have to wonder about some of the posters in this thread.

Speculation and rumour on a pilot rumour forum??? You've got to be kidding. Where did anyone get that idea?
Who in their right mind would have the nerve to 'speculate' about the viability of any Canadian carrier let alone dare to speculate (factually or otherwise) about their financial state? Maybe we should identify the Sacred Cows before we post on this forum, so that (in typical Canadian fashion) you don't offend some of our more sensitive readers."

I don't know if I am one of the posters you are wondering about, and I agree with alot of what you have expressed in this thread., but will say I am not sensitive to rumors and speculation. What I am sensitive to (although I try not to care) is posters such as Crazy Woman coming on here posting lies, fabricated stories or whatever they dreamed during their beauty sleep the night before! Hey if Sunwing is not making payroll or paying for fuel with cash I want to know about it, trust me!! Coming on here and posting stuff such as:

"Ask any Sunwing employee why they were late on the payroll last Friday. I have a hard time believing that it was a 'computer glitch'."...... does however piss me off when it is simply a lie, nevermind a rumor. Yes it is a "rumor network/forum", but the first P in PPrune stands for Professional, and there is nothing professional about posting fabricated lies for personal amusement. I have no issues with rumors or speculations about a companys viability in the long or short term. Hell, I have no idea how Sunwing or any other leisure airline in Canada is doing, and my point is that nobody does except for upper management and the company accountants! Trust me Willie, it would come as little or no surprise to me if I found myself unemployed again. For all I know I could be out of work as I am sitting here typing this and just don't know about it yet!

Gumbi wrote:

"But what do you make of the fact that a new player comes on the scene, cuts the prices so bad that the existing companies loose big money because of it, some of them maybe so much so that the pilots of those companies might be facing what we're not supposed to wish others????"

I can appreciate you sentiment, but this is the reality of capitalism and a free market. It is a dog it dog world, especially in the aviation sector.. that is not to say I agree with all that goes on, and do belive low cost/no frills airlines has turned what used to be a pleasurable and exiting experience for most travellers into no more than a greyhound coach ride from A to B. I will take capitalism over the othe option... In China for example, pilots essentially sign their life away for airline jobs that pay peanuts, and pay mortgages on a place they will never own!