PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS imposter rumbled
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2008, 15:50
Roger Sofarover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We once did a 'reverse walt' in Norway. Mid 90's a group of us were there for about 10 days and at the first gin and tonic frenzy before going down town (Stavanger) we thought how naff it would be to tell our real occupations. We came up with a great cover story that we were infact working as Dolphin conservationists in Norway for 2 months. We allocated each other roles as divers, trainers, boat engineers etc. The local girls just loved it. To make matters worse we spoke in the worst possible Ozzie accents as we figured they were the easiest accents to do and after all Ozzies are more likely to know about Dolphins than Brits ..right!

The first few days were great, everyone was getting DCO's and many promises were being made to take the girls swimming with dolphins 20 miles off the coast in Stavanger. We even had a trial for who could swim with them in the pub. Six girls lined up and were told they had to try and hold their breath for two minutes. Most could not last 30 seconds because of the number of tabs they smoked.

It all fell apart when one guy who had met a truly stunning scandinavian goddess went out for a private dinner with her after a week. Feeling that this would be the woman for the rest of his life he said, dropping his ozzie accent (please put your tongue down in your lower lip while you say this) "Elizabeth I am not really a Dolphin trainer, I am a British Military Pilot, and so are all my friends'

We only found out the next evening as we went in to the bar, full of stories of how 'Spotty the Dolphin had rescued one of us today when one of our divers sank lifelessly to the bottom of the sea' to be dragged to the surface by spotty who then called the boat crew and we rescued him. The story was no longer met with glees and gasps of delight as the other stories had, but the hard grimace of 8 very pissed off viking women. We were effectively ran out of the bar (and the goddess never did become the woman of our mates dreams) buggah!!!