PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIRPROX Birmingham, Police v UFO
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2008, 14:59
volrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only other possibility I can imagine is that it was a group of helium filled party foil balloons reflecting lights in the darkness. I have seen this myself a few times. They appear to be moving faster than the windspeed blowing them along and even appear to manoeuvre as the aircraft flies past them.
Would they be able to circle the aircraft?? would they not get blown away in the rotor wash??
Sid nice picture of remote plane, however it has different coloured lights..which you would need at night to work out the direction of travel at night... I am led to believe the "UFO" had the same coloured lights?? UAV's yes flown from the ground with a camera linked to a monitor so you can see where they are going etc, somehow such a plane in Sandwell Valley a short range from Handsworth does not seem the ideal location for such an expensive and complex "toy"
I guess we should check the crews watches for the lost 9 minutes and a medical exam for any anal probing is required...time for Scully to intervene I think